Saturday, March 5, 2011

You Light Up My Life

One of the benefits of civilisation we most missed was a big fridge full of goodies.
The caravan had a tiny little gas absorbtion job which was somewhat limiting. When the temperature went above 28 degrees it started to struggle and the temperature climbed. 
Stocking it was an exercise in micro-insertion. 
Meat was purchased purely on the basis of what would fit, packed in little baggies, vigorously flattened as much as possible, and stacked into freezer. Everything else was also purchased on a fit-it-in basis, jambed into fridge, door slammed shut and the clip put on. I also shopped twice a week.
With part of the power system operational, we started our big fridge on Thursday night and then on Friday I went to town!
My shopping list was worded thus:-
fruit/vegies - lotsa
meat - lotsa
dairy - lotsa
frozen - lotsa
and . . . 
icecream!

 Now all we have to do is resist the temptation to stand with the door open - just admiring.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta admit one of the things I am always happy to do after we've been back packing (and eating dehydrated) is open the fridge. That and flush the toilet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Greer - move over a bit please, I want to admire the contents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olwen McNeill - Your daughterMarch 20, 2011 at 9:00 AM

    Welcome back... I do have to say I'm disappointed there are no more posts... or are you too busy turning all the appliances and light switches on and off all day? :o)

    ReplyDelete